Thursday, June 18, 2009

Liam is 4 weeks old today

I got a much better picture of Liam this week than I did last week. Lots of people who have actually seen him in person have commented on how full his lips are. This picture does seem to highlight that. Micah's all about naming body parts recently. Luckily, I think I have him convinced that he shouldn't worry about pointing at Liam's eyes. We've had a few close calls on that one. Today we focused on the dogs' features. They're not much more willing participants, but they can at least run if they feel threatened by Micah's finger coming towards them. Identifying Heinz's nose... ...and Samson's ears. Here he is just looking cute, and it's a good thing I caught him looking cute and was feeling lots of love for him today because I needed this image in my head later in the evening. Check out the next photo. This is what I found after I thought I put Micah to bed and then went back to check on him. I actually found him standing in the drawer that the picture shows him sitting in, and he was throwing out all of his shirts from the drawer two above where he is standing. Note the large pile. I could either cry or photograph it. I chose the latter, but by the time I got back with the camera, Micah had decided that he was guilty of something and was trying to escape. Not fast enough! So he's spending tonight in the pack and play. If I die before I wake up tomorrow, I want everyone to know that I really do fold all of Micah's clothes into neat piles before I put them in the drawers. I just didn't have the energy tonight to refold everything and instead threw it in the drawer much the same way you see it on the floor. It was a REALLY long, rough day today, and this was actually a cute way to end it - but only in hindsight!!

1 comment:

Chad, Katie and Chloe said...

welcoe to the joys of two under two. Chloe was a challenge to me as well, but its amazing how you can laugh (somewhat) about the events of the day later!