Thursday, August 28, 2008

Still blogging

Even though we're no longer going to post the weekly picture, I'm still going to post regularly. It's therapeutic, it's fun to keep people updated, and most importantly it's a record of Micah's life. Speaking of the little guy, he had had his one-year checkup on Monday. He's 25.3 pounds (80th percentile) and is 30 inches tall (58th percentile). His head is in the 31st percentile, so it's holding steady in the 30s. :) He had a flu shot, among other vaccines, and it made for a rough next day or two, but I think he's back to normal now. An update? He's doing great with walking around, only depending on one of our fingers to help him out. He loves playing peekaboo, and thinks he's hiding from us when he covers his ears. We'll still ask, "Where's Micah?" when he does it, and he grins and uncovers his ears. A few days ago, he started hitting himself in the head every once in a while. I had started to get kind of concerned because this behavior didn't really seem normal. So what did I do? What any person does in 2008 - I googled the behavior. Turns out that he could be doing it out of frustration because he can't yet verbalize what he wants. I thought back and realized that that's totally true - he's done it when he's finished eating but is still sitting in his chair, he's done it when he's tired and just wanted his bottle, etc. So over the next weeks we're really going to focus on signing with him to allow him to communicate without words until he learns how to speak. And just because I know that you don't really care about what I write but just want to see pictures of our little guy, here's a good one from this morning. Lounging in his spinny thing that he's just about grown out of, but we can't quite bear to get rid of it yet. I see the future with an older Micah in a recliner...

No comments: