Monday, January 14, 2008
Growth update on the big guy
Today Micah and I went to the pediatrician to get his four month shots. He's a little late getting them as he's almost five months old, but because we were away for the holidays and then working full-time again, today was the first day we could get there. He weighs 18 pounds (we suspect the 24-hour flu he had last week helped him drop a little before the weigh-in) and is 26.5 inches long. That puts him in the 88th and 85th percentile for growth, respectively. His head is in the 26th percentile. I'm dying to see a child's head that's in the 88th percentile of growth because I don't think Micah's is that small. He got five vaccines today - a little rough, but he took it okay. Here he is sitting up on the couch waiting for his bottle.
When I took Micah for a walk this morning, I thought I would try to sit him in the stroller for the first time instead of using the car seat. He fit like a champ! (Forgive the pajamas - it was chilly in Florida today and I wanted his feet to stay warm. High of 67 - brrrr!)
By the way, the virus Micah caught on second day of daycare got passed on to both mommy and daddy, making for quite the sick Black house this weekend. We're looking forward to what we hope will be a healthier weekend in a few more days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am re-reading your blog from the beginning, and I would just like to state that you have seen 2 kids with heads that are not just in the 80th percentile, but are in the 99th and off the charts. Chloe and Caleb.
Just for the record, I don't think their heads look abnormally large either. :)
Post a Comment